Deposit Free Library Minutes: June 20, 2022
Present: Paul Hochuli, Becky Hochuli, Deb Stever, Angie Logue; Absent: Ellen Ficurilli, Bridget Davis, MaryEllen Decker
The regular meeting of the Deposit Free Library board was called to order by President Becky Hochuli at 4:10 p.m. The minutes of the last meeting (May 16, 2022) were read and reviewed. There were no corrections or deletions.
Treasurer’s Report: The treasurer’s report was given by Paul Hochuli. Investments have been down due to the stock market decline. Further information can be found in the narrative section of the June 20, 2022 Treasurer’s Report. The Banking Summary for the month was reviewed and accepted.
Director’s Report: Deb Stever presented the Director’s Report. The following highlights were noted:
- We are still waiting for the new computers from 4cls.
- We received another box of Covid-19 test kits to give away.
- 4cls is creating video trainings for staff development. Deb is planning to take advantage of some of these.
- Author Day at DCS with Kate Messner was succesful.
- Lego Club is back under the direction of Angie Logue, but so far attendance is low.
- SRP Reading Challenge sign-ups are going well. Sign-ups for Dance Camp are also in progress.
- The two Kindergarten classes visited the library on Career Day.
- The Dirtmeister program is scheduled for Wednesday, July 27 at the theater.
- Becky has taken over Wednesday morning Toddler Time programs.
The Director’s Report was reviewed and accepted.
- Computer replacement: Deb has suggested that we purchase Windows Office for the new computers because the free Libre Office does not interface with many of the patrons’ documents.
- Grants: We received funds form the two grants submitted for the bookcase project. Deposit’s Closet granted us $1,000. The Axtell Foundation granted us $500.
- Staffing: The resignation of clerk Nicole Dilello was read and accepted with regret. This resignation became effective on May 31, 2022. Deb has suggested rehiring former clerk Kaitlyn Bellettini with flexible hours. The board approved this decision. Cassie will work on Tuesday nights. Kaitlyn will work on Wednesday nights, as well as other hours to be determined by Deb.
New Business: Lumberjack Book Sale: The schedule for set-up, selling, and tear down was discussed. Deb and Becky will work on recruiting volunteers to help.
Meeting adjourned: 4:55 p.m.
Next meeting: August 8, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.