Deposit Free Library Minutes: May 16, 2022
Present: Paul Hochuli, MaryEllen Decker, Deb Stever, Ellen Ficurilli
Absent: Becky Hochuli, Bridget Davis, Angie Logue
The regular meeting of the Deposit Free Library board was called to order by Treasurer Paul Hochuli at 4:06 p.m. The minutes of the last meeting (April 25, 2022) were read and reviewed. There were no corrections or deletions.
A motion was made by MaryEllen Decker and seconded by Paul Hochuli to accept the April 25, 2022 minutes. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: The treasurer’s report was given by Paul Hochuli. Investments were down in the month of May due to the stock market being down. Further information can be found in the narrative section of the May 16, 2022 Treasurer’s Report. A motion was made by Ellen Ficurilli and seconded by MaryEllen Decker to accept the treasurer’s report. Motion carried.
Director’s Report: Deb Stever presented the Director’s Report. The following highlights were noted:
- Deb attended the 4cls Directors’ meeting on May 5th.
- Our new public computers should arrive sometime in June.
- Four County installed an outside wifi hotspot/booster through funding from e-rate at no cost to the library.
- Nicole’s last in-person Toddler Time will be May 5. Becky will continue on Wednesday mornings.
- The Homeschool Group’s financial program from Sidney Federal Credit Union was a success.
- Summer Reading plans are being discussed by Deb, Becky, and Cassie.
- LEGO Club meeting: May 21st.
- Author Day on May 25: The author presentations by Kate Messner will be our Summer Reading 2022 kickoff.
Further information can be found in the narrative section of the May 16, 2022 Director’s Report.
A motion to accept the Director’s Report was made by MaryEllen Decker and seconded by Paul Hochuli. Motion carried.
- Computer replacement: New computers arriving in June.
- Staffing: Cassie will cover for Nicole while she is out on maternity leave.
Grants: Becky has written two grants to help cover the costs of the two new bookcases and installation. One grant was submitted to the Kenneth Axtell Foundation and one to Deposit’s Closet.
Tent rental: Wilson Children’s Center has requested use of our tent on June 17, 2022. Deb and Jerry Knapp will be responsible for set-up and take-down. A motion was made by MaryEllen Decker to accept the Wilson’s Children’s Center request for use of our tent on June 17, 2022. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned: 4:47 p.m.
Next meeting: June 20, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.