Deposit Free Library Minutes: October 17, 2022
Present: Paul Hochuli, Deb Stever, Ellen Ficurilli, Becky Hochuli, Angie Logue, Bridget Davis; Absent: MaryEllen Decker
The regular meeting of the Deposit Free Library board was called to order by President Becky Hochuli at 3:58 p.m. The minutes of the last meeting (September 19, 2022) were reviewed and accepted with one incorrect date corrected.
Treasurer’s Report: The treasurer’s report was given by Paul Hochuli. Investments were down in the month of October due to the stock market decline. Further information can be found in the narrative section of the October 17, 2022 Treasurer’s Report. The Banking Summary for the month was reviewed and accepted.
Director’s Report: Deb Stever presented the Director’s Report. The following highlights were noted:
- We gained 16 new patrons in September.
- Deb presented increasing Lego Club meetings from one to two times a month and paying Kaitlyn Bellettini to be supervisor of the Lego Club.
Deb’s proposal was reviewed and accepted.
- Deb reported that Shaun from 4CLS has cleaned up our old computers. These computers are being given to patrons who need them.
Further information can be found in the narrative section of the October 17, 2022 Director’s Report. The Director’s Report was reviewed and accepted.
- New computer repairs have been completed.
- Sidewalk repairs were efficient and well done
- Outside window washing has been completed by EcoPro. Paul was able to negotiate the cost down from $1300.00 to $600.00. They did a great job.
- Operations Committee needs to meet to review and update the library’s long- range plan. Becky will contact the members and set a meeting date.
- Stories with Santa: tentative date Dec. 9 at 6:30 p.m.
- Celebration of the 85th anniversary of the library building:
Tentative date Dec. 1 (alternate date: Dec.8).
Open house: 3-6 p.m. (people can drop in). Refreshments: cookies & punch.
Dedicate Anne’s memorial bookcase at the Open House.
- Closure of Deposit Foundation: now that they are not doing referrals, they do not have free faxing available for medical, job search, or tax related faxes. After discussion the board agreed to work on a plan to adjust our fax charges to alleviate this problem.
- Other items: Becky met a man from Endwell who builds and repairs chairs. She will consult with him about repairing the broken chairs we have and get an estimate for the work if he can do it.
Meeting adjourned: 5:05 p.m.
Next meeting: November 21, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.